A Love that Surrounds

Earlier this afternoon I was finishing up my Bible study over the first and second verses of Psalm 125. I had literally just finished reading the following commentary, ..."God has you surrounded. His presence looms over you from every direction. "As the mountains surround Jerusalem, the Lord surrounds his people now and forever (Ps. 125:2, NIV)." ...when I received the following text message from Will, "my truck tire rolled off of the truck while I was driving. Hold on I'm talking to the police." After asking the Lord for some peace (and thanking Him that although I didn't know many details about the incident, I knew Will was at least able to talk and text message me) I called mama Means, who talked to the policeman. Will was fine and nobody else was involved. He was traveling down a small rural road. He'd noticed something wrong with the tires for several miles so he'd been driving extremely slow. I quickly left school and met Will at the GMC dealership. I wish I could have video taped Will's expression as he explained to me the bizarre feeling of driving and all of sudden watching your front tire roll off about 100 yards in the opposite direction. The whole time Will was summarizing the events of the afternoon, God was speaking to my spirit..."My presence looms over you in every direction." Praise God that He was looking out for Will and nothing serious happened. I know the Word is alive and active in the life of every believer, but lately God's been teaching me how to sow the seed of His Word in every situation in my life and I'm thankful for it! I'm just praying that Psalm 126 doesn't have reason to test us where vehicles are concerned or any other near catastrophe.






Will's truck is the small blue dot at the top of the picture.




"You hem me in---behind and before you have laid your hand upon me." Psalm 139:5

0 comments: