Whiter Than Snow



Lately God has been teaching me a lot about love. His love for me, my love for Him, and my love for others. I love the Word of God! I love that sometimes the most obvious topics are the most difficult to walk out in our personal lives. I love that He loves me so much that "while I was still a sinner, Christ died for me"(Romans 5:8). I'm thankful that God not only loves me but He is love. Love is in His character. It's impossible for him to act outside of His love for me...and for you!

I've also been studying the life of David in my small group Bible study. If I've learned anything about David, I've learned that He loved the Lord His God and in response to his love for Him, he worshiped. We are blessed to see some of David's beautifully poetic praises to God in the Psalms.  As I was working from my house today, I've been blessed to look outside my window and watch the snow fall. It started this morning and hasn't stopped all day. Just a moment ago I looked outside, reminiscing about how beautiful the fresh snow is, when I was moved to praise God and remember what he's done for me, "Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow" (Ps 51:7).

Thank you, Father, for what you've done for me! Beauty for ashes, beloved, beauty for ashes!

0 comments: